Genova Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Genova Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Tri-Union Seafoods LLC, located 2150 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Tri-Union Seafoods, LLC(“Sponsor”) Don Jagoda Associates (“Administrator”), HPR Partners, LLC d/b/a HUNTER, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants may visit www.genovaseafood.com/alfresco (“Website”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit an entry, complete an online registration form consisting of the following fields: Entrant’s First name, Last name, and Email in order to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2023. Limit one (1) Entry per person/household, per email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. If the Entrant enters using the Entrant’s mobile phone, standard data rates may apply. Entrant must see the Entrant’s wireless provider for pricing plan details. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the Entry process are void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor.
- RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) random drawing will be conducted on or about June 7, 2023 to randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- GRAND PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize will consist of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) awarded in the form of a check made payable to the confirmed Grand Prize winner; and one (1) customized design concept for the confirmed winner’s al fresco space. Total ARV for Grand Prize: $20,000. In no event will more than the stated one prize listed in these Official Rules be awarded. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute prize of equal or greater value, if any portion of prize becomes unavailable.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via email on or about June 9, 2023. The potential Grand Prize winner will then be sent, via email, a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where lawful) will be required to sign and return via email/fax within 72 hours of notification attempt along with a photo of their outdoor space and measurements in order for a celebrity designer to customize their layout (“Photo”). Failure to provide Photo may result in that portion of prize being forfeited. If Administrator is unable to reach the potential winner via email, or if potential winner does not want to accept the prize, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected and notified as stated above. Return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate selection (up to a maximum of three  alternates). The potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, and verification of potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. IF SPONSOR SO ELECTS, POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A CONFIDENTIAL BACKGROUND CHECK TO CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY AND HELP ENSURE THAT THE USE OF ANY SUCH PERSON IN ADVERTISING OR PUBLICITY FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL NOT BRING SPONSOR INTO PUBLIC DISREPUTE, CONTEMPT, SCANDAL, OR RIDICULE OR REFLECT UNFAVORABLY ON THE SWEEPSTAKES AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. All Entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. The Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any other person’s computer or web-enabled device relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for Entries that are not received for any reason, including any computer, online, telephone, human error, technical malfunctions, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Sweepstakes registrations. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event the Released Parties are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Released Parties’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Released Parties shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Released Parties, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Administrator and the Released Parties reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of the prize winner based on an e-mail address, the prize winner will be declared as the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address at the time that the Entry is made. An “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any Entrant or potential prize winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the Entry. In the event winning Entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning Entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures (whether due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud), or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. If Sponsor terminates this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prize from all eligible Entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error, or any combination thereof.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Entrants expressly agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in the State California, and consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Sweepstakes-related materials, including but not limited to the Sweepstakes entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- RELEASE: By receipt of prize, prize winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of prize. Sponsor and each of their employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another Entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein.
- WINNER LIST: For the winner list, available after June 9, 2023, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Genova Sweepstakes 01-2765-10” as the subject line. Requests must be received by 6/16/23. Winner list will be sent after the winner has been verified and prize awarded.