Garlic & Tuscan Herb Tuna and Ricotta Bruschetta
Enjoy this quick and easy, yet elegant, spin on traditional bruschetta by adding savory flakes of flavorful garlic tuna.
45 Minutes Total Time
- 5 oz. can Genova Garlic & Tuscan Herb Yellowfin Tuna
- 1/2 baguette, sliced lengthwise
- About 12 cherry tomatoes
- About 2 Tablespoons olive oil, for tomatoes and baguette slices
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet pan with foil or parchment.
- Place cherry tomatoes on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes until wilted and soft, about 12-20 minutes. Remove tomatoes from oven and allow to cool.
- Lightly oil baguette on cut side and bake in oven for about 5 minutes or until lightly brown and crusty.
- Drain oil from the tuna into a bowl and whisk in balsamic vinegar to the tuna oil. Reserve the tuna for later.
- Spread ricotta over the bread and top with arugula. Lay cherry tomatoes on top of ricotta, then layer the chunks of the tuna on top.
- Drizzle the oil/balsamic vinegar dressing over the tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Add basil leaves on top.
- Cut the bruschetta into 3-inch pieces and serve.