Healthy Zucchini Tuna Melts
These delicious tuna melts are the low-carb gluten-free version of a classic. Made with high-quality Genova tuna you will want to make them again and again. Simple Ingredients. Vibrant flavor. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
30 Minutes Total Time
- 2 small zucchini
- 5 oz. can Genova Yellowfin or Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced (can sub red onion if preferred)
- ¼ tsp. fresh or dried dill
- ½ tbsp. flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices tomato, chopped
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Slice the zucchini in half and using a teaspoon, scoop out the center, about an inch. Spray each half lightly with cooking spray and roast for 15-20 minutes (this will depend on the size of your zucchini). The key is to have them tender, but not mushy. Use a fork to see how easily you can pierce the side, look for slight browning on the side.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Genova tuna, celery, shallot, dill and parsley, and the lemon juice.
- Once the zucchini is done remove from oven and turn on the broiler. Fill zucchini with the tuna mixture, sprinkle with chopped tomato and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has browned and is crispy on top.