Lemon & Herbes de Provence Tuna and Shaved Brussels Sprouts
Add tuna to a hearty salad filled with pomegranate seeds, chopped nuts and sliced apples, and julienned shaved Brussels sprouts.
30 Minutes Total Time
- 5 oz. can Genova Lemon & Herbes de Provence Yellowfin Tuna
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and discard the ends. Slice the Brussels sprouts super thin.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and garlic. Cook garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add shaved Brussels sprouts and sprinkle salt on top. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until just wilted and tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer Brussels sprouts to a large serving bowl. Allow the Brussels sprouts to cool slightly.
- Add pomegranate seeds, chopped nuts and sliced apples.
- Drizzle the oil from the tuna can over the salad and top the salad with chunks of tuna.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top and top with parmesan cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.