Lemon Spaghetti with Tuna and Breadcrumbs
This Lemon Spaghetti with Tuna and Breadcrumbs is half quick and easy weeknight dinner and half summer pasta dish.
30 Minutes Total Time
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup Castelvetrano olives, smashed, pits removed and halved
- 2 – 5 oz. cans Genova Albacore Tuna in Water with Sea Salt, drained
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 60 seconds until fragrant. Add the bread crumbs and sauté until toasty. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot. Add lemon zest and juice, chives, olives, toss, adding enough pasta water to coat. Add tuna; toss gently. Serve sprinkled with garlic toasted breadcrumbs and serve.