Pasta & Tuna Primavera
This dish fits snugly into the “Absolutely Perfect Family Dinner” category: Bright colors, great texture, amazing flavors, satisfying and easy to make. And your kids will love the leftovers for lunch the next day!
25 Minutes Total Time
- 16 oz. package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 – 5 oz. cans Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the red and yellow peppers in 2 tablespoons of hot oil until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove to large bowl once finished.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet, and then cook the zucchini, yellow squash and garlic until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove and add to bowl with the peppers.
- Toss cooked pasta with vegetables, salt and pepper. Stir in the tuna and basil.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate to serve cold later.