Roasted Eggplant with Tuna and Ricotta
Creamy roasted eggplant topped with chunks of yellowfin tuna, creamy ricotta and fresh herbs is a show stopper. Anyone who dives into this dish will be asking for seconds!
45 Minutes Total Time
- 2 medium eggplants
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 5 oz. can Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped (or other preferred fresh herbs – basil, Italian parsley, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut eggplant in half and score 1/2” deep. Brush liberally with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425°F for 25-35 minutes or until light brown and soft.
- Divide the tomato sauce over each cooked eggplant half, then the ricotta, and then the tuna pieces. Sprinkle the capers over each half, and season with additional salt & pepper. Brush with olive oil again and return to the oven.
- Roast for 5 minutes more or until toppings are heated through.
- Top with the chopped mint and serve.