Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables with Tuna and Orzo
Refresh your weekend menu with this easy and colorful side dish. The rich flavors of Genova Yellowfin tuna mingle with bell peppers, eggplant and cherry tomatoes for a simple treat that’s perfect for any season.
35 Minutes Total Time
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers (red and/or yellow), sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup basil pesto sauce
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 – 5 oz. cans Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- ¼ cup Italian parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the eggplant, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and red onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Add the crushed red pepper, olive oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, and toss together. Roast 20-25 minutes, until the eggplant is browned and soft and the tomatoes are beginning to burst.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the orzo in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.Add the chickpeas, pesto and spinach to the hot vegetables and mix with tongs or a spatula until the spinach begins to wilt. Add the Genova Yellowfin Tuna and parsley, then toss gently.
- Scrape the roasted vegetables and tuna mixture over the orzo and stir together. Serve and enjoy!