Tuna and Goat Cheese Puff Pastries
Savory pastries are fantastic appetizers to start your next party. Fluffy and crispy pastry with savory goat cheese and tuna are melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
30 Minutes Total Time
- 1 frozen Puff pastry sheet (1/2 lb.), thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin (at least 9 slices)
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 9 sprigs asparagus, cut in half
- 5 oz. can Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry into 4-inch squares and place on prepared baking sheet pan.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Lightly brush the top side of the puff pastry squares with egg wash.
- Lay slice of tomato, some goat cheese, 2 pieces of cut asparagus, and tuna chunks on top of each pastry square.
- Brush all the toppings with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15-20 minutes or until pastry dough rises and toppings are warm. (Some brands of pastry cook quicker than others).
- Top with fresh lemon zest and serve warm or at room temperature.