Tuna Caprese Salad
A Caprese is one of the most delicious and popular appetizers around. But add mouthwatering Genova Yellowfin Tuna, and you take this classic Italian salad to the next level. Perfect for a quick, satisfying lunch, or mouthwatering pre-dinner appetizer.
10 Minutes Total Time
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 large ripe heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 5-oz. cans Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Sea salt and ground fresh paper to taste
- Slice mozzarella into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Slice tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- On a large platter, alternately arrange mozzarella, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Place the tuna and cherry tomatoes in center of platter.
- Drizzle the whole platter with olive oil and balsamic glaze, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.