Tuna Linguine Arrabbiata
Slightly spicy, but balanced with flavors the albacore tuna is the highlight of this fantastic linguine pasta. Simple to make in the skillet, this one pot dish is perfect comfort dish for the whole family.
25 Minutes Total Time
- 8 oz. dried whole wheat linguine pasta
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes, or to taste
- 15 oz. tomato sauce (about 2 cups)
- 2 – 5 oz. cans Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, roughly torn, for garnish
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil then the onions and garlic. Sauté until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chili flakes, tomato sauce, and tuna (including the tuna olive oil from one of the tuna cans). Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes to help marry the flavors.
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook the whole wheat pasta according to package instructions, and drain.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, or plate the pasta on individual plate and spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh basil and additional red chili flakes if desired.