Tuna-Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
This isn’t any ordinary stuffed mushroom. These meaty portabello mushrooms are stuffed with our favorite Yellowfin tuna. Perfect as an entree or appetizers, these elegant but easy to make mushrooms will be the hit at your next dinner.
20 Minutes Total Time
- 4 large Portabello mushrooms
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, diced
- olive oil, for brushing
- 5 oz. can Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained but reserve oil
- 2 oz. crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 2-3 cups arugula, optional
- Pre-heat oven 400°F.
- Remove mushroom stems and mince the stems.
- In bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, minced onion, dried oregano, salt, pepper, diced mushroom stems and bell pepper.
- Spoon stuffing onto tops of portobello mushrooms. Brush sides of mushroom with some olive oil.
- Bake at 400°F for about 10-12 minutes or until filling becomes warm and bubbly. Top with about 1-2 Tablespoons of tuna, feta cheese and bread crumbs on each mushroom. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until toppings are heated through.
- Top with parsley. Optional, serve on a bed of arugula.