Tuna Tapenade Bruschetta with Crispy Salami
This is next level bruschetta! Adding high protein tuna, crispy salami and tapenade are the perfect combination of flavors and textures to this classic and popular appetizer.
15 Minutes Total Time
- 5 slices salami, cut into strips
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, finely minced
- 5 oz. can Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small whole wheat baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat pan on medium high heat. Fry salami until crispy. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- In bowl combine minced kalamata, olives, 1/2 of the tuna and all the tuna oil, chopped tomatoes, garlic powder or minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper. Gently stir making sure not to break the tuna apart too much.
- Spoon the tapenade filling on top of whole wheat baguette slices. Top with remaining tuna, strips of crispy salami and fresh basil.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.