Tuna Veggie Wrap with Hummus
These healthy wraps are the perfect on the go lunch idea. Fresh veggies get a boost of protein from Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil and your favorite hummus. Spritz some lemon and enjoy!
15 Minutes Total Time
- 2 large whole grain wraps
- 5 oz. can of Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup julienned cucumber
- ½ cup julienned sweet bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1 Tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons of hummus
- Two lemon wedges
- Place your wraps on a flat surface.
- Smother about a Tablespoon, give or take, of hummus around the center of the wrap.
- Place the mixed greens closer to the edge of one side of each wrap, and top with the tomato slices, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions, dividing everything between each wrap evenly.
- Top the vegetables with the Genova Albacore Tuna, half of a can for each wrap.
- Spritz some lemon juice, one wedge per wrap, over the tuna.
- Fold the sides of the wrap inward with an inch or so in between them so the filling is still somewhat visible.
- While keeping the sides pulled in, use your thumbs to bring the bottom edge of the wrap over the sides. Pull the bottom of the wrap taut and use it to roll over the filling and the folded sides. Roll until your entire wrap is secured.
- Tip: If you’re packing this as a lunch, you can secure your wrap further by wrapping it with parchment to ensure none of the folded ends untuck themselves.