Tuscan White Bean and Tuna Salad with Crispy Pancetta
Creamy white cannellini beans with chunks of yellowfin tuna is a delicious combination of protein and flavors in a bowl. Add the crispy pancetta on top and you have a fantastic dish to share for your next gathering.
10 Minutes Total Time
- 4 oz. pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 – 15 oz. cans Cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 5 oz. can Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil
- Optional lemon wedge, for serving
- In a pan over medium heat, crisp the pancetta until the fat is rendered, and it is golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Make the dressing: Turn off the heat and remove the pancetta from the pan, keeping the renderings in the pan. Add the garlic to the pan with the renderings and stir together (the residual heat will cook it slightly). Whisk in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, red chili flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Cannellini beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, dill, crispy pancetta, and the dressing from the pan.
- Gently fold in the tuna, including the tuna olive oil from the can
- Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over salad if desired