Waffled Tuna Cakes with Lemon Dill Aioli
Go beyond the basic low carb tuna salad and make these delicious keto waffled tuna cakes! They are delicious and fun and make a perfectly healthy meal.
30 Minutes Total Time
- 3 – 5 oz. cans Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Lemon Dill Aioli
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, almond flour, mayonnaise, onions, salt, and pepper. Break the tuna up with a fork and really mash the ingredients together.
- Add the egg whites and mix in thoroughly. Using your hand, form the mixture into 6 even patties about ¾ inch thick. Place on a waxed paper lined tray and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium and spray with coconut oil spray or lightly brush with coconut or avocado oil. Place one patty in the center of the waffle iron and carefully close the lid. Let cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining patties.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill and garlic until well combined. Dollop over tuna cakes.