Creamy Mushroom and Tuna Gnocchi
When you’re craving comfort food AND something a little fancy, give this hearty gnocchi dish a whirl. Wild mushrooms and Genova yellowfin tuna turn a classic bowl of gnocchi with Parmesan cream sauce into a truly special meal.
25 Minutes Total Time
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallot or red onion
- 6 oz. mixed wild mushrooms (such as oyster, cremini, shiitake), sliced
- 3 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. potato gnocchi
- 2 – 5 oz. cans Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook 3-5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and salt. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the garlic, thyme and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat and simmer 3-5 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to package directions and drain.
- Remove the mushroom sauce from the heat and stir the Genova Yellowfin Tuna, cheese and parsley. Portion the gnocchi into serving bowls and top with the sauce and additional cheese.