Tuna Asparagus Quiche with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this elegant and easy quiche is loaded with tuna, veggies and tangy sun-dried tomatoes. Each slice is loaded with protein and flavor.
60 Minutes Total Time
- 9-inch frozen pre-made pie crust – thawed according to package directions
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Half & Half or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 9 sprigs of asparagus, tough ends trimmed & cut into 1” pieces
- 5 oz. can Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- Fresh thyme for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Blind bake the pie crust: Use a fork and poke holes all around the base and sides of the pie crust. Bake crust for about 6-8 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
- While crust bakes, make the egg filling: In bowl, whisk eggs, half & half or milk, salt and pepper.
- Add green onions, parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and stir egg mixture until everything is well combined.
- When crust is finished blind baking, pour the egg mixture into the crust. Gently stir the mixture to make sure all the filling is evenly distributed throughout the quiche.
- Lay asparagus and chunks of tuna evenly over the egg mixture.
- Bake the quiche for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the egg is cooked. Insert a toothpick or a knife in the middle of the quiche and it should come out clean when it’s cooked.
- Allow quiche to cool for about 15 minutes before serving or serve at room temperature.
- Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.