Tuna Spaghetti with Green Olive Pesto
Genova Yellowfin Tuna unlocks mouthwatering Mediterranean flavor in this spaghetti dish that is as quick and easy as it is elegant thanks to a homemade pesto made with green olives, fresh parsley, almonds, lemon, garlic and EVOO.
22 Minutes Total Time
- 2 cups (lightly packed) parsley leaves
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted almonds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ pound dried whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 – 5 oz. cans Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- To prepare the pesto, place the parsley, olives, almonds, olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, chili pepper and salt in a food processor work bowl. Process until a chunky paste forms, 15 – 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile, cook the whole wheat pasta in a pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl, then add the Genova Yellowfin Tuna.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss together. Serve warm or at room temperature.